Beginning on May 1 and continuing until May 5, the Northbound Indio Boulevard bridge over the I-10 Freeway will be demolished. This work will require a complete shutdown of I-10 Freeway at the Jefferson Street offramps. The freeway shutdown is scheduled to begin each night Monday through Wednesday at 8:00 PM and continue until 6:00 AM. On Thursday and Friday, the freeway shutdown will begin at 9 PM and will continue until 6:00 AM. Available detour routes are shown below. Please make travel plans accordingly.
Detour for full closure of Eastbound I-10.
- Take the Eastbound I-10 off-ramp at Jefferson Street.
- Left on existing Jefferson over-crossing.
- Right on Varner Road.
- Right on Monroe Street.
- Left on Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Monroe Street.
Detour for full closure of WB I-10.
- Exit at Monroe Street. and turn right.
- Turn left at Varner Road./Avenue 42.
- Left on Jefferson Street.
- Right on Jefferson Street Westbound on-ramp.
Note: Traffic will be flagged through the Eastbound and Westbound I-10 off-ramp and other intersections along the detour route.